News from: Reading Voluntary Action
The Spring 2022 round of Vital for Berkshire funding is open to support charities and groups tackling vital needs in Berkshire such as support for young and vulnerable people, poverty and isolation, physical and mental health, and much more.
Who is eligible to apply
To be eligible to apply for a grant, your charity, community group or voluntary organisation must be improving the lives of disadvantaged people in Berkshire and fit the following criteria:
1. Be a not-for-profit, voluntary or community group, social enterprise/CIC or registered charity
2. Have a Governing Document (constitution or set of rules)
3. Have a management committee or board of trustees
4. Have a bank account in the name of the group, with a minimum of two unrelated cheque signatories
5. Be able to provide up-to-date accounts
6. Have returned evaluation forms for any previously received grants
7. Have safeguarding and equality policies which comply with current legislation
8. Be helping the disadvantaged and provide a benefit to the community with clear and achievable outcomes
9. Provide evidence there is a need for your work and must not be duplicating the work of other groups and organisations
10. Have an itemised budget.
Applications are invited from charities, community groups and projects that support vital needs in Berkshire, such as:
-Physical and mental health.
-Supporting young and vulnerable people or groups.
-Tackling poverty and disadvantage.
-Offering equal opportunities for all.
How much can you apply for
The grants up to a maximum of £5,000 will be considered, subject to funding availability.
Deadline for applications and how to apply:
-The Spring 2021 round of Vital For Berkshire funding opened for applications on Tuesday 4 January 2022.
-Application form must be completed on-line and submitted by 10:00 on Thursday 10 February 2022.
-Applicants will be informed of the Grants Committee’s decisions by the end of March 2022.
-If you are interested in applying for funding, an Eligibility Quiz is available at the bottom of VITAL FOR BERKSHIRE FUND page, fill in the Quiz to receive a link to an online Application Form.
Further support and advice from RVA
BCF will be presenting on this funding at the RVA Funders Event on the 3 February.
If you would like advice on funding applications or getting ready for funding, including governance requirements and policies that are needed, please contact Herjeet at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01189 372273 for free and independent support and advice.