This page uses information supplied by Reading Voluntary Action.
Are you a small local group offering crisis support that would like to be listed on the RNN website? Register your group with RNN as offering help here.
One Reading Community Hub
- Call the One Reading Community Hub to be connected with volunteers, organisations and services who can support you during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Contact the One Reading Community Hub online.
- Healthwatch Reading: prescription delivery scheme for vulnerable local people
- A round-up of service updates from groups across Reading
Where can I volunteer?
- Support local organisations as they respond to the outbreak, sign-up as a Coronavirus Response Volunteer
- NHS Volunteer Responders – support the 1.5m people in England who are at most risk from the virus to stay well
- Volunteering and coronavirus – how can you help? Guidance from the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO)
How can I help in my neighbourhood?
- Reading Neighbourhood Network (RNN) – list and map of local support groups
- Do you have a van or minibus that could be used?
- Eden Project Communities – Community Action Response
- Be a good neighbour – advice to those who want to help
- Coronavirus and social isolation – Campaign to End Loneliness
Support and advice for groups
Contingency planning and adapting your services
- RVA guide for community groups offering coronavirus support services
- NCVO guidance on involving and managing volunteers during the coronavirus outbreak
- NCVO: guidance for charities
- NCVO: coronavirus and governance – what charity trustees need to think about
- NCVO: what’s in the coronavirus bill?
- Zurich: organisational resilience guidance on pandemic planning
- MindTools: contingency planning, including templates
- For guidance and advice aimed specifically at befriending organisations, please see our Ready Friends page
- Bates Wells – governance, solvency, contracts and employment update
- ABI Guidance: business insurance and unoccupied premises
- Unoccupied charity premises – contact your insurers or landlord
- Cranfield Trust: free webinar on cash flow forecasting for charities
Employment and staff
- Government guidance: coronavirus job retention scheme
- Government guidance: furloughed workers
- Civil Society guidance: job retention scheme and employment FAQs
- ACAS: guidance for employers and employees
- ACAS: guidance on homeworking including a template policy and checklist
- Bates Wells: coronavirus and your staff: what if working from home is not an option?
- Changes to the DBS service during the coronavirus pandemic
Funding for coronavirus response
- Round-up of funding for coronavirus response – 2 April 2020
- Berkshire Community Foundation (BCF) Vital for Berkshire Coronavirus Funding – applications open
- National Emergencies Trust: coronavirus fundraising appeal and grants
- Police Property Act Covid-19 Response Funding – applications open until 20 April 2020
- Charities Aid Foundation Emergency Fund – applications open
- The National Lottery Community Fund – funding approach in response to Covid-19
Online training and data protection
- RVA’s guide to safeguarding resources during the coronavirus pandemic
- Information Commissioners Office: Data protection and coronavirus – what you need to know
- Bates Wells: The GDPR should not thwart a sensible approach to COVID-19 concerns
- RVA Advice Service: if your organisation needs advice or support contact email@example.com. We are continuing to offer our advice service remotely through email, telephone and Google Hangouts.
- RVA News: If you would like us to publicise updates about your services via RVA news and the RVA website, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be sending RVA News more regularly during the coronavirus outbreak – if you’re not already subscribed to the newsletter, sign up here.
- Team Reading Coronavirus Response Volunteers: if your organisation is registered with RVA and needs some extra volunteer support please email email@example.com.
- Social Prescribing: if you have received support from the Social Prescribing service in the past and would like us to get in touch again, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a professional looking to make a referral, we are continuing to take these at the normal address readingsocial.prescribing@nhs.
Support for individuals and families
- Doctors of the World: latest NHS guidance on coronavirus translated into 34 languages
- Voucher scheme for schools providing free school meals
- An easy read guide to coronavirus from Mencap
- Project Linus Berkshire: handmade quilts to comfort children and teenagers
- First Days: emergency help for families (referrals by professionals only)
- NSPCC: how to have difficult conversations with children
- Future Learn: free online courses to help carers of people with dementia cope during current restrictions
- Coronavirus: information for people affected by dementia
Keeping in touch online
Employment, self-employment and benefits
- Advice on Universal Credit and coronavirus
- Citizens Advice: coronavirus – what it means for you
- Institute of Directors: coronavirus – government support for the self-employed
Managing anxiety and wellbeing
- Government guidance for the public on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of coronavirus (Covid-19)
- Anxiety UK – support and resources
- Talking Therapies – NHS Berkshire Healthcare
- Samaritans: if you’re worried about your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
- Every Mind Matters: 10 tips to help if you are worried about coronavirus
- Coronavirus and your wellbeing – information from Mind
- Looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak – Mental Health foundation
- How to stay active while you’re at home – Sport England
- Active at home – Get Berkshire Active
Where can I find up-to-date and accurate information?
This page was last updated on 2 April 2020 with:
- links to information about new funds and funder responses to the coronavirus outbreak (see funding).
- a link to information about being active at home from Get Berkshire Active.
- a link to NCVO guidance on involving and managing volunteers during the coronavirus outbreak (see support and advice for groups).
- a link to new government guidance for the public on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of coronavirus (see managing anxiety and wellbeing).