This page uses information supplied by Reading Voluntary Action.
Are you a small local group offering crisis support that would like to be listed on the RNN website? Register your group with RNN as offering help here.
One Reading Community Hub
- Call the One Reading Community Hub to be connected with volunteers, organisations and services who can support you during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Contact the One Reading Community Hub online.
- BSL-friendly advice and updates on the RBC website.
Support and advice for groups
- Our support and advice for groups page has information and resources on contingency planning and adapting your services, employment and staff, funding for the coronavirus response and RVA services.
- See our round-up page for service updates from groups across Reading.
- There is a new One Reading resources page for everyone working with children, young people and families in Reading.
Support for individuals and families
- Our support for individuals and families page has information on keeping in touch online, managing anxiety and wellbeing and much more.
- If you are feeling lonely, our Ready Friends Toolkit has been updated with three new sections: live online meetups, telephone and video befriending and storytelling, podcasts and audiobooks.
Where can I volunteer?
- Sign-up as a Coronavirus Response Volunteer.
- NHS Volunteer Responders – recruitment to this scheme was paused on 29 March 2020 to process the initial 750,000 applications.
- Volunteering and coronavirus – how can you help? Guidance from the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO).
- Reading Neighbourhood Network (RNN) – list and map of local support groups.