This page uses information supplied by Reading Voluntary Action.
Are you a small local group offering crisis support that would like to be listed on the RNN website? Register your group with RNN as offering help here.
One Reading Community Hub
- Call the One Reading Community Hub to be connected with volunteers, organisations and services who can support you during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Contact the One Reading Community Hub online.
- BSL-friendly advice and updates on the RBC website.
- RBC coronavirus advice in Bengali, Hindi, Nepali, Polish, Punjabi, Urdu and Konkani
Reading Covid-19 Outbreak Engagement Board
- Reading Borough Council has set up the Reading Covid-19 Outbreak Engagement Board to involve the public and partners in developing plans to prevent and manage a possible local Covid-19 outbreak.
- Read a summary of Reading’s Covid-19 Local Outbreak Response.
Support and advice for groups
- Our support and advice for groups page has information and resources on contingency planning and adapting your services, employment and staff, and RVA services. For funding news, advice and opportunities, see our Funding pages.
- See our round-up page for service updates from groups across Reading.
- There is a new One Reading resources page for everyone working with children, young people and families in Reading.
Support for individuals and families
- Our support for individuals and families page has information on keeping in touch online, managing anxiety and wellbeing and much more.
- If you are feeling lonely, our Ready Friends Toolkit has been updated with three new sections: live online meetups, telephone and video befriending and storytelling, podcasts and audiobooks.
Where can I volunteer?
- Search for volunteering opportunities in Reading.
- NHS Volunteer Responders – recruitment to this scheme was paused on 29 March 2020 to process the initial 750,000 applications.
- Volunteering and coronavirus – how can you help? Guidance from the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO).
- Reading Neighbourhood Network (RNN) – list and map of local support groups.