Sat17Nov201809:30 - 12:30New Directions South Reading
All charities, voluntary and community groups have a duty to keep their service users safe from harm. As most charities and community groups run through the hard work and dedication of volunteers, it is important that volunteers as well as paid staff receive basic safeguarding training. This course is for anyone whose work or volunteering brings them into contact with children or young people.
This course will cover:
- Basic information on Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Types of abuse
- Signs and symptons of abuse
- The referral process
- The multi-agency approach
- Safe practice
At the end of the session you will:
- Understand the importance of Child Protection and your role within it.
- Have improved understanding of signs and indicators of abuse.
- Understand local Child Protection procedures and what to do if you are concerned about abuse.
- Be clear about sharing information with others.
- Have developed confidence in dealing with Child Protection issues appropriately.
How to book: This course is free of charge.
Please register online by completing the application form at www.reading.gov.uk/safeguardingchildren to confirm your place.
Tue04Dec201818:00 - 21:00Reading Voluntary Action
Third Floor, Reading Central Library, Abbey Square, Reading RG1 3BQ
RVA and Barnabas Fellowship of Churches are co-delivering this workshop for voluntary sector groups in Reading on the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS), previously CRB. This is a practical workshop and you will have the opportunity to apply what you have learnt.
The workshop will cover:
- Background and policy context
- Regulated Activity and the role
- Levels of DBS disclosure
- Completing the DBS form
- Organisational processes and the update service
- Working with individuals with unspent convictions
- Responsibilities and liabilities
- Help, support and advice available
Who should attend? This course is for anyone who works or volunteers for a voluntary and community group and is responsible for processing DBS checks, or supervises or manages others. It is also useful for Trustees and Managers of charity’s to gain an overview of the DBS system to inform their Safeguarding Procedures.
Cost: Please book online at www.eventbrite.co.uk. The cost is £10 per person.