Tue21Jan202010:15 - 13:15Training Room, Community Place
Bite Size Volunteer Management Training – Recruitment and Legal
Third Floor, Reading Central Library, Abbey Square, Reading, RG1 3BQ
Whether behind the scenes in administrative roles or working directly with clients, volunteers play a vital role in supporting the work of organisations across our town.
Given the central role that volunteers play in allowing organisations to achieve their objectives, it is perhaps surprising that many of those responsible for managing volunteers receive little or no specialised training.
This bite size version of our Introduction to Volunteer Management training will focus on the process of recruiting the volunteers your organisation needs whilst providing an oversight of the legal aspects that need to be considered when involving volunteers in your work.
What will be covered?
- What to consider before involving volunteers in your work.
- Developing a role description.
- Promoting opportunities effectively.
- Initial response and selection process.
Keep it legal
- Legal status of volunteers including how to deal with expenses.
- Eligibility to volunteer – involving oversees volunteers and those in receipt of state benefits.
- Top tips for your Volunteer Policy and Agreement.
- What type of insurance you need.
- What to do when things go wrong – volunteer problem solving procedures.
This course is ideally suited to anyone who has responsibility for overseeing the work of volunteers, either as a Volunteer Manager or as part of a more wide reaching role.
Please book online at www.eventbrite.co.uk. The cost is £10 for the sessions and includes refreshments and materials.