The Postcode Community Trust provides short-term, designated funding to good causes that promote community development and demonstrate positive change through access, engagement and skill development. There are two opportunities to apply in 2016, in January and May.
Projects should fall into at least one of the following categories:
- Supporting marginalised groups to obtain skills and resources to effect change in their own communities
- Overcoming barriers to participation in creative and sustainable ways
- Increasing social cohesion through developing access to community facilities and activities
Examples of projects that would fit within these guidelines:
- exercise programmes for older people
- special programmes for disabled children and their families; programmes that provide respite/additional care for parents of disabled children
- sporting projects that involve disabled people
- projects which enhance community playing fields
- purchase of minibuses to enable disabled or the elderly to take part more fully in community activities
establishment of community choirs, art groups, history societies
- volunteer training programmes that provide community peer support to disadvantaged groups.
Registered charities can apply for £500 to £20,000, whilst other organisations such as constituted voluntary groups may apply for up to £2,000.
The online application form will be open at the following times in 2016:
Tue 5 Jan – Fri 29 Jan 2016
Sun 1 May – Tuesday 31 May 2016
More information at www.postcodecommunitytrust.org.uk