Wed09Sep202013:00 - 14:00Online session
Sharing Personal Data Training
All organisations, including charities and community groups, have a responsibility to safeguard the personal data of service users, staff, volunteers, contractors and anyone whose personal data they collect or use in the delivery of their services.
This 1 hour online course will cover:
- Data sharing and the law.
- What does data sharing mean?
- What is the difference between ‘systematic’, ‘ad hoc’ and ‘one off’ data sharing?
- What factors to consider when deciding to share personal data.
- How can you demonstrate fairness and transparency to individuals when sharing personal data about them?
- What security considerations should you take into account before sharing personal data?
- Data sharing agreements, what are they and when should they be used.
- Respecting individual’s rights.
- What to avoid.
This is an accredited course and you will receive a certificate upon completion.
Who should attend? Anyone who works or volunteers in a charity or community group who shares personal data with others outside of your organisation. For example if you work in partnership with other organisations or receive or make referrals to other organisation. You might be a volunteer, staff member or trustee.
Cost: RVA has partnered with Databasix to offer a subsidised training offer to those working or volunteering for charities and community groups in Reading. The session is £10. Please book online at www.eventbrite.co.uk.