Tue24Jul201810:15 - 13:15Reading Central Library
Universal Safeguarding Children – for voluntary and community groups
Third Floor, Abbey Square, Reading RG1 3BQ
All charities, voluntary and community groups have a duty to keep their service users safe from harm. As most charities and community groups run through the hard work and dedication of volunteers, it is important that volunteers as well as paid staff receive basic safeguarding training.
This course will cover
- Basic information on Child Protection and Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Types of abuse, including child trafficking, child sexual exploitation and FGM
- How to recognise abuse: the signs and symptons
- What to do when you recognise abuse: the referral process
- The importance of a multi-agency approach in safeguarding children and young people
- Safe practice
Who should attend: Anyone who works or volunteers with a charity, community or voluntary sector group in Reading whose work or volunteering brings them into contact with children or young people in whatever circumstances, whether they are new to the role or require a refresher.
The trainer: These sessions are hosted by RVA and will be delivered by approved Safeguarding Trainers, who have received training via Reading Borough Council, Safeguarding Children Services.
Please book online at www.eventbrite.co.uk. The cost is £10 per person and includes refreshments and handouts.