Fri22Jun201810:00 - 16:00Beech Hill Memorial Hall
Introduction to Community Organising
Wood Lane, Beech Hill, Reading RG7 2BE
This fun, energetic one-day course introduces you to Community Organising – the work of bringing people together to take action around their common concerns and overcome social injustice. Community Organisers reach out and listen, connect and motivate people to build their collective power.
During this course you will explore:
- What community organising is
- The importance of listening to build relationships and uncover issues
- Power in communities and why it matters
- How to motivate people to take action
- How to take your next steps in community organising and social action
This course is run by Community Organisers Ltd for Community Council for Berkshire and funded by DCMS as part of the Community Organisers Expansion programme.
The course trainers are experienced and committed Community Organisers. The course is approved as quality training provision by Certa and as approved CPD. All participants receive a Certificate of Participation.