Thu29Nov201809:30 - 13:00Reading Town Hall
Cultural Commissioning Symposium
Blagrave Street, Reading RG1 1QH
The Reading Cultural Commissioning programme aims to mainstream the commissioning of cultural activities for social outcomes. This will be done in two ways:
- By making public service commissioners more aware of the potential for arts and cultural organisations to deliver effective interventions around their priority outcomes.
- By enabling the arts, culture, heritage and voluntary sectors to better engage with public sector commissioning.
Now that we are part way through our pilot year, we invite you to join us for our first Cultural Commissioning Symposium. This will be a chance to discuss best practice at both national and local levels, to be inspired, and to network.
The event will build a picture of how commissioners and cultural practitioners are working together to effect change and share how local research is shaping our understanding of Reading’s needs and priorities including:
- Health (from falls prevention to stroke rehabilitation to long-term conditions)
- Mental health and wellbeing (from hospital wards to adolescent mental health units to care homes)
- Work experience and skills development (particularly for vulnerable or disadvantaged young people)
- Reducing re-offending