Wed03Apr201910:15 - 13:15Reading Voluntary Action
Introduction to the Treasurer Role - Free to RNN members
Third Floor, Reading Central Library, Abbey Square, Reading RG1 3BQ
If you are new to the role of treasurer for a charity, if you would like a refresher of the role, or if you would simply like to find out more about being a treasurer, this course is for you. If you aren’t yet volunteering as a treasurer but would like to, RVA can then help place you with an organisation to put your new skills into practice.
Aims of the workshop
- To build an understanding of the role of a treasurer in a small voluntary organization
- To ensure the ability to deal with the specifics of the finances of a small voluntary organization
- To give confidence about the issues that are likely to be faced by a treasurer of a small voluntary organisation
Learning outcomes - The content covered will be tailored depending on the needs of delegates on the day. However typically attendees will:
- Understand their financial responsibilities as trustees
- Understand the particular requirements for the accounts of a small voluntary organisation
- Be aware of corporate governance issues facing small voluntary organisations
- Be ready to resolve issues with record keeping and know where to get help if they need it
- Be able to determine if the organisation they volunteer with needs an audit or independent examination of their accounts
The workshop will be open to up to 12 delegates. It will be aimed primarily at new volunteers who wish to act as treasurers in Reading’s voluntary sector, but will also be suitable for volunteers who are stepping up to the role of treasurer.
The course is at our reduced rate of £50 for Reading based charities and community groups. There are a limited number of FREE places for RNN members using the usual promotional code - please contact us at email@example.com if you need this code.
Please register at www.eventbrite.co.uk.