Mon07Mar201614:00 - 17:00Reading Voluntary Action
Training: “Don’t Panic!” Using spreadsheets with confidence - FREE for RNN members
Third Floor, Reading Central Library, Abbey Square, Reading RG1 3BQ
Whether you are new to an organisation, have recently grown, changed committee members or need a boost this practical session will help you improve your understanding and use of spreadsheets. This will be useful to trustees, including chairs and treasurers as well as charity staff.
Aims of the workshop
- To build understanding of the importance and limitations of spreadsheets
- To build confidence and ability to use spreadsheets
- To leave the workshop having used spreadsheet formula and functions for a variety of purposes
Delegates will need to bring along a laptop with either a version of excel or able to link up to google sheets. (There is limited ability for RVA to loan laptops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details)
The content covered will be tailored depending on the needs of delegates on the day. However typically attendees will:
- Understand the basics and purpose of spreadsheets
- Understand the advantages and potential pitfalls of using spreadsheets for charities
- Practice use of formulas in the context of a sample organisation
- Create pivot table and graphs to summarise data
- Understand the use of control checks etc to improve information quality
The workshop will be open to up to 12 delegates. Post course support is available with each organisation entitled to up to one hour’s post course email support to follow up issues covered on the course.
Tickets cost £30. FREE places are available for RNN members using the usual promotional code. RNN members should have received their discount code already by email - please contact us if you need it.