Tue24Sep201917:30 - 20:30Reading Voluntary Action
Third Floor, Reading Central Library, Abbey Square, Reading RG1 3BQ
Trustees play an essential role in our society, making our charity sector work. It’s a hugely rewarding role but it’s not always easy to get all the information you require to be sure you are carrying out your role as effectively as possible. This training will help give you an overview of what’s expected of trustees as well as providing a networking opportunity with your fellow trustees from the area.
Outcomes of this training are:
- To better understand your role and legal responsibilities as a trustee
- To understand how this role fits with other roles in the charity
- To understand your reporting responsibilities
- To know where to go for help and support
- To feel confident in being an active member of your Board/Committee and helping to achieve your charities purposes!
To achieve this we will cover:
- Introduction: ‘Trustee’, ‘Charity’ and legal structures
- Trustee roles and responsibilities: 6 Main Legal Duties
- Policies and Procedures: Which ones? Why do they matter?
- Accounting & Reporting – the essentials
- Essential resources and links to help you on your way (Tools)
The training is suitable for new and existing trustees and will also give a valuable introduction to anyone thinking of taking on the role. In some small community groups you may refer to yourselves as the Comittee. If you have overall responsibility for your community group, then this course is for you.
Please book online at www.eventbrite.co.uk. The cost is £10, which includes materials. Refreshments are provided.