Thu18Jul201910:15 - 13:15Reading Voluntary Action
Safeguarding Adults training – for charities and community groups
Third Floor, Reading Central Library, Abbey Square, Reading RG1 3BQ
All voluntary and community groups have a duty to keep their service users safe from harm. This training is for anyone who works or volunteers for a community group or charity in Reading where services are delivered to or they come into contact with vulnerable adults.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe circumstances that can make adults vulnerable to abuse
- Recognise possible indicators of abuse
- Respond in line with the safeguarding procedures if abuse is found or suspected
- Report and record appropriately
- Recognise your duty of care to safeguard adults
- Understand the importance of professional boundaries and the consequences of breach
Please book online at www.eventbrite.co.uk. The cost is £10 per person and includes refreshments and printed materials.