Mon22Oct201810:00 - 16:00Weller Centre
How to Run a Successful Youth Club – For small community groups in Reading
110 Amersham Road, Caversham, Reading RG4 5NA
Reading Voluntary Action is pleased to be working with Berkshire Youth to offer the training ‘How to Run a Successful Youth Club – For Volunteer Groups’ as our young people are our priority and more volunteer groups across town have taken an interest in hosting local youth clubs and activities.
This course will cover:
- Basic overview of how to run a youth club and set rules
- How to measure success of a youth club
- Guidance on good practice, quality and safety
- Understanding and managing young people’s challenging behaviour
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand how to run a youth club and set rules
- Be able to define roles of volunteers
- Be able to engage youth in club activities and operations (when appropriate)
- Know tools available to measure success
- Understand how to identify issues faced by young people
- Know how club rules can help manage challenging behaviours
- Practise working with volunteers as a united front to provide a supportive, firm model for young people
Who should attend? Volunteers from small community groups working in neighbourhood settings across Reading that have been or would like to offer youth club/ activities to children that are primary and secondary school age.
The Weller Centre can be reached via bus route 27 and 29 from town centre – Amersham Road stop. There is parking and the building is wheel chair accessible.
The course is free but please register at www.eventbrite.co.uk in advance to confirm your place. If you are unable to attend, kindly contact RVA on 01189 372273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.